Here you can see where and what qualifications Alison has. From 4 year full-time courses to night classes to 1 hour work-based trainings, they all count and cumulatively support Alison’s breadth of experience and skill base.
These are not exhaustive either!
ALISON HAWTIN : CV & Supporting Information www.alisonhawtin.com
Facebook Alison’s Art Therapy
LinkedIn @alison hawtin
Art Therapist/Art Psychotherapist
PostGraduate Diploma in Art Therapy from University of Hertfordshire 1993-1994
(Thesis ‘The Space to Feel – A Place for Art Therapy in the world of the Learning Disabled Adult with Challenging Behaviour’ & placement in Adult MH)
BA(Hons) Art & Social Context (Print major) Class 2:1 from University of Plymouth, Dartington College of Arts (placements in Adult MH, Deaf community, Art Therapy and Womens Social Services) 1990-1992
Solution-focused Brief Therapy Level 3 (30 credits) Anglia Ruskin University @ Fulbourn, Cambs 2008-2009
Diploma of Higher Education with Distinction in Education Studies and Art, University of Northamptonshire, Nene College,1986-1988
2 ‘A’ levels (Art and Social Biology), 8 ‘O’ levels, RSA Typing, from Longsands College, St Neots, Cambs 1981-1985
Full-time Private Practitioner, Freelance Consultant Art Therapist & Clinical Supervisor (see www.alisonhawtin.com)
from Jan 2016 to now (part time since 2008) work including
· Art therapy with numerous children and adults - short and longer term, groups and individual
· Clinical supervision of newly qualified through to near retirement clinicians – predominantly Art Therapists across the UK (also US and Indonesia) covering range of client groups inc Learning Disabilities, Adoption and looked after children, Children &Young People, Charity services, adult Mental & Physical Health and special education. Use of face to face and Zoom/Skype, art reflection and combinations of both.
Nov 2018 Pilot 3 week AT project with Deafblind @ HQ in Peterborough
· Reflective supervisory groups for non AT creative practitioners 2016-2018.
· May-July 2017 Developer and Facilitator of 10 week women’s AT group in Peterborough
· June 2017 Created and led 3-day art therapy course (A Hands-on introduction for people who work with people) in Peterborough
· July-August 2016 Expressive arts workshop facilitator @ Goldhay Arts for People with LD in Peterborough
· August 2016 facilitator of City Art Retreat in Peterborough
· May 2016 ‘Engaging Safely’ workshops for creative practitioners working with people in community settings. Via METAL & City College
· May 2016 – arts worker offering expressive group at local Crafts & Conversations Skills Festival in collaboration with The Green Backyard Community allotment/Garden.
· May 2016 Lecture workshop @METAL Peterborough & St John the Baptist Community Church entitled ‘Art Therapy (and why its not all about colouring books)’ free public talks
Education Programme Co-ordinator 2018-
Current voluntary part time role @Drolma Kadampa Buddhist Centre in Peterborough.
Volunteer Administrative Director 2014-2015
@ Drolma Buddhist Centre Peterborough
Senior Art Therapist (community and In-patient services)
1997-2016 @ South Cambs & Huntingdon Learning Disability Partnership within CPFT NHS Trust, Fulbourn, Cambridge
2005-2017 @Anglia Ruskin University (with Music/Drama therapy MA trainees) (Specialist LD annual lecture/workshop)
Oct 2011-May 2012 at University of Hertfordshire (team member: training groups, 2 x supervision groups and clinical supervision group, & marking dissertations)
2004-2011@ University of Hertfordshire (MA Art therapy trainees)
LD Specialist LD annual lecture/workshop and co-facilitator of Introduction to Art Therapy week, also annual Placement assessments visiting tutor